Publisher Nacon and developer Abrakam Entertainment announced the Roguebook will launch a PC via Steam on June 24, 2021, followed by Sony PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Sony PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. The PC demo is available now on Steam from February 3 to February 9.
Here is an overview of the game, via the Steam site:
The ancients talk about a Book written from ancient times that contains all the legends of the world. After many interesting adventures, recounted in the Faeria - Chronicles of Gagana, this relic was lost in a Faeria well. Through exposure to this magical source, the Book developed an evil free will of its own and became a Roguebook!
You are trapped in Lore of Faeria's Book, and each page presents a new challenge. Lead your two heroes to victory in this lifelike ring developed in collaboration with Richard Garfield, creator of Magic: The Gathering. Gather the best synergy between cards, relics and skills, and take on the Roguebook.
- Six Hero Pairs - Choose 2 heroes to start the game. Each hero has a collection of more than 50 cards, a personal relic, and a unique skill tree.
- Maximize Synergies - The hero in the front protects the hero in the back. Switch the positions of your heroes and combine their powers to unleash powerful combo attacks.
- Strategic Battles - Skillfully predict and arrange your actions to defeat more than 40 bosses and enemies.
- Dynamic Deckbuilding - Over 200 cards for skillful assembly as the game progresses. You will never play with the same deck twice.
- Relics with Unique Powers - Upgrade your cards with 30 special gems. Collect 80 relics with extraordinary effects.
- More Cards, More Power! - Each hero has a unique skill tree to unlock. Collect cards and choose the best skills!
- The Book Changes Each Time You open It - The map along with its mysteries and dangers are crafted for a whole new challenge every time.
- Paint the World - Roguebook pages are made up of hexagons. Use magic inks that can display different patterns to fully explore each page.
- A Range of Encounters - Businessmen, travelers, ruins, quests, and more Lots of chances of getting cards and relics… or falling into a trap!
- Hours and Hours of Fun - 20 hours average to beat games, hundreds of hours to unlock everything.
- Progress at Your Own Pace - Collect pages and use them to buy upgrades. Upgrade your heroes to unlock new cards.
- 20 Difficulty Levels - Defeat the final boss to unlock the level. Each level gives access to relics, gems and new encounters, but also spawns tougher enemies.
Trailer introduce Roguebook: