Konami announced that the next version of the Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer (Winning Eleven in Europe and Japan) series will change its name to eFootball and launch as a completely free-to-play title in the fall of 2021. operating for Sony PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Sony PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (Steam, Microsoft Store), iOS and Android.
Here is the first information about the game:
From PES to eFootball
It all started with the undeniable determination to create a revolutionary football.
Our ambition is to recreate a perfect football environment, from the grass on the pitch, to the movement of the players, to the crowds in the stadium.
To this end, we decided to create a new soccer engine with a newly built animation system and improved game commands.
The end result is even more impressive than we originally envisioned.
We have gone beyond the borders of PES, into a new realm of virtual football.
To signal this new era, we have decided to part ways with our beloved PES brand and change our name to eFootball!
Now, we hope that you can enjoy this brand new soccer experience that eFootball has to offer.
Free-to-Play and Cross-Platform
To ensure that all football fans can enjoy the ultimate head-to-head encounters, eFootball is launching free-to-play across multiple devices! Moreover, in the near future, the game will become completely cross-platform, allowing anyone to join the fun without being hindered by the device of their choice. eFootball will take eSports to the next level, becoming the ultimate football experience!
Get Ready for New-Gen
You can enjoy cutting-edge graphics and unmatched immersion on next-generation consoles, such as PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S!
Supported devices include PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Windows 10 (PC), Steam (PC), iOS and Android.
Last, but not least, we have a lot of new features, modes and events to be released in the near future! For more information on our plans for eFootball, see the development roadmap below.
- Brand new game experience, powered by Unreal Engine.
- Link between platforms (PlayStation 5 with PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X | S and Xbox One).
- Local matches feature FC Barcelona, Juventus, FC Bayern, Manchester United, and more.
- Cross-platform mixing between Console and PC (i.e. PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 5 vs PC Steam, etc.).
- Added Team Building Mode (Name TBC) - Build your own team by engaging players.
- Added Online Leagues (Name TBC) mode - Choose your original team and compete in a competitive, global tournament.
- Match Pass System - Earn items and players by playing eFootball.
- Mobile controller support.
- Full cross-platform interoperability on all available platforms including mobile when using compatible controllers.
- Professional and amateur e-sports tournaments.
Trailer introduce eFootball 2021: